RE: Kline article in PSCF

Bill Hamilton (hamilton@predator.cs.gmr.com)
Thu, 28 Mar 1996 09:08:54 -0500

Glenn Morton wrote:

>But I would
>suggest that we are kidding ourselves if we try to claim that the language
>alone is what drives the game in exegesis. I simply wish those who claim such
>purity in motives and methods would realize that this is what they appear to
>be doing. If they weren't doing this, then it would be easy to find the 15%
>level of church fathers who believe that Genesis 1 was myth and Adam, Eve and
>the Fall were allegorical.

Glenn's concern is quite legitimate. We have an obligation to look at all
available evidence when we are aiming to understand Scripture. Merideth
Kline's PSCF paper is valuable because it serves as a corrective to poor
exegesis by young-earth creationists IMO. But it obviously cannot and is
not intended to solve all Scripture/science integration problems because it
deals only with textual evidence.

Bill Hamilton | Chassis & Vehicle Systems
GM R&D Center | Warren, MI 48090-9055
810 986 1474 (voice) | 810 986 3003 (FAX)
hamilton@gmr.com (office) | whamilto@mich.com (home)