Re: ASA: Children's resources?

Sweitzer, Dennis (SWEITD01@imsusa4.imsint.com)
Tue, 26 Mar 96 17:55:00 EST

Fred wrote:

>I believe we need to write popular material, but this is unlikely to
>happen unless we collective finance the bill to support someone full
>time to do it for ASA. In addition to writing, this full time person
>should get on Christian radio and TV and in Christian magazines -
>everywhere. To give us an audience with the YEC people he/she will
>By the way, if we do this, the membership of ASA will grow (by 10 or
>100 times, thus solving other problems as a by product!)

On the other hand, if our membership grew by 10 or 100 times, prehaps the
ASA could afford to do this project. (And which will come first? The
chicken or the egg?)

Prehaps we could get a few of these members by just getting exposure before
a few thousand people. From my experience, there is a lot of Christians who
feel uneasy with the choice between scientism and Young Earthism (?), but
have not been exposed to a carefully researched alternative.

I'd like to run the experiment. I plan to sponsor a literature table at the
Washington D.C. Promise Keepers Rally in May (with my own money). One of
Promise Keeper's promises is to maintain integrity in all areas of life.
From my perspective, ASA is a bastion of integrity against the onslaught of
methodological relativism that is prevading the church. So, I feel a
calling to introduce PK to ASA.

Will anyone else do likewise?

Dennis Sweitzer