Re: Relationships

Paul Arveson (arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil)
Wed, 20 Mar 96 10:46:40 EST

In message <9603200748.AA25790@roc.SLAC.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> It's clear that participants in this discussion have very different
> views on the kinds of evidence for Christianity that are available to
> us. Speaking only for myself. . . if I attempted to base my faith on
> the unique historical reliability of the NT and the scientific
> confirmation of Biblical accounts, I'd very quickly cease to be a
> Christian. This is clearly not true for others. While I think
> discussion of these issues is fine, perhaps it would be wise if we
> didn't press each other too far in advocating our own bases for faith:
> there is some potential for harming others here. (This isn't directed
> at anyone in particular, by the way; it's just a general suggestion.
> And since I tend to worry too much about most things, feel free to
> ignore it.)
>
> Steve Schaffner sschaff@slac.stanford.edu
> Opinions expressed may be mine, and may not be those of SLAC, Stanford
> University, or the DOE.

-------------------------------------

Dear Steve:

As for me, I'd be interested in reading more about the faith of a worker at
SLAC. If you have time, would you please give us a little of your own
pilgrimage, and how your work relates to it?

Christianity is relational, and I've noticed that most of the messages on
this list are too impersonal. I would be honored to get acquainted with you.
I think we all would.

(In fact, for those of you who are doing a lot of writing here, I would
appreciate any additional information about how you came to believe, where you
work, your family, your church, or any other personal data (but not too
personal). Let's get acquainted before we end up flaming each other.)

Regards,

Paul Arveson, Research Physicist
73367.1236@compuserve.com arveson@oasys.dt.navy.mil
(301) 227-3831 (W) (301) 227-1914 (FAX) (301) 816-9459 (H)
Code 724, NSWC, Bethesda, MD 20084