Re: YEC< OEC, PC, TE, etc.

John Miller (jmiller@gi.alaska.edu)
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 09:50:30 -0900 (AKST)

Larry wrote (in part):

>To stop being negative and only pointing
>out what Genesis 1 can't mean, I'll put forward my conclusion that Genesis
>1 is an intentional apologetic for "Sabbath" written in such a way as to be
>so clear to any original Hebrew reader that thinking it had to do with
>correcting or even addressing 20th century cosmological or biological
>theories would be laughable.

Care to enlarge on your view of Genesis 1 as an apologetic for Sabbath?
I'd like to hear more.

John

John M. Miller, Geophysical Institute, Univ Alaska Fairbanks
903 Koyukuk Drive, PO Box 757320, Fairbanks AK 99775-7320
voice: 907-474-7363 fax: 907-474-7689, alt fax: 907-474-7290
Internet: jmiller@gi.alaska.edu