Re: "God of the Gaps"

Garry DeWeese (deweese@ucsu.Colorado.EDU)
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 07:31:23 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Paul Arveson wrote:

> Dear Allan:
>
> THANK YOU for this very helpful contribution. I suspected something was
> amiss, as I have regarding the thermodynamics law. I think it would be very
> helpful as an ASA project to publish clear definitions of these concepts from
> good authorities, and distribute them widely, as a service to the church.
>
> Now, if we can only find someone who will clear us up on quantum mechanics,
> parapsychology, consciousness, time travel, string theory, ....

Paul's suggestion is great. How often have we heard/read references to
entropy, relativity, Godel, Eldridge/Gould, etc. etc., not to mention
Plato, Kant, etc., or Calvin, Barth, Bultmann, dispensationalism, etc.
which neither understand nor accurately use the material? We do need a
"Dictionary of Cross-Disciplinary Concepts for Those Who Are In Over
Their Heads."

Garry