missing day legend

Glenn Grevengoed (semperub@rci.ripco.com)
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 15:04:08 -0600 (CST)

As much as a dreaded YECer like myself might like
to believe the story of the missing day in
time, it apparently just isn't true.
I must concur that the promulgation of these "urban
legends" does nothing to enhance our Christian witness.

The following is an exerpt from a Times article.

Glenn Grevengoed

> > To: semperub@rci.ripco.com
> > From: mskloemp@server.wulaw.wustl.edu (Mark Kloempken)
> > Subject: missing day
> >

> > Copyright 1991 The New York Times Company
> > The New York Times
> >
> > May 8, 1991, Wednesday, Late Edition - Final
> >
> > SECTION: Section C; Page 10; Column 3; Living Desk
> >
> > LENGTH: 1078 words
> >
> > HEADLINE: Discussing What Just Isn't True (Is It?)
> >
> > BYLINE: By KATHERINE BISHOP, Special to The New York Times
> >
> > DATELINE: OAKLAND, Calif., May 7
> >
> > BODY:
> >
> > > .........A recurring theme, Dr. Brunvand said, is the presumption and
> > resolution of
> > the conflict between religion and science, as in "The Missing Day in Time." It
> > has appeared as an anonymous photocopied handout around the country. It
tells of> > NASA scientists calculating the position of the sun, moon and planets in the
past and the future, to plan the orbits of satellites.