2013 Annual Meeting of the
ASA's Registration Center will be in Potter Hall, which is #11 on this map that has red arrows for cars and dashed red lines for walking. ( Its "building address" is listed as 1900 Belmont Ave, but this is a generic address for all buildings at Belmont U, so GPS navigation will get you to the campus but not the building. )
For your GPS navigation system (or GoogleMaps - YahooMaps - Mapquest) the address of Belmont University is 1900 Belmont Blvd, Nashville TN 37212. Directions to ASA's on-campus Registration Center are above.
Belmont provides driving directions from north & south, west & east, and from the airport.
• SHARING RIDES — There are two travel-topics in ASA's website forums, for Car Drivers & Riders and from Airport (sharing rides): click this link and then Sign In (*), look for the two forums that begin with "ASA Meeting 2013...", read the first post in each forum (with my explanations for "how to post"), and share your information with others.
* For the "Sign In", if necessary you can register (it's free) with a username (email address) and password. If you're an ASA member, use your ASA password, if not just invent one.
If you're driving, please help others get to the conference (they will appreciate this) and please use the Ride Board, and do this ASAP. Why? Because this might help others make their plans. For example, if they can ride with you, they may do this instead of buying a ticket for a plane or bus. But they must know that you're driving before they buy their ticket (and usually the sooner a ticket is purchased the cheaper it is, and more scheduling options are still open) so if you post your "ride offered" information ASAP this might help someone make plans. Thanks! :<)
• LOCAL BUS SERVICE in Nashville
• by FLYING
The website of Nashville International Airport (BNA) has links for Ground Transportation (MTA Bus plus other local buses including InShuttle, and taxis & car rentals), Arts at the Airport, and more. Non-Stop Flights. BNA-info from iFly - World Travel Guide - Wikipedia.
Traveling from BNA to Belmont by MTA Bus - map - on Bus 18 (BNA to downtown from eastern Nashville) and Bus 2 (downtown to Belmont, "Take a Bus to Campus"), costs $3.40, and takes approximately 72 minutes unless you spend time downtown (or on a free Music City Circuit bus) while you're there between riding the #18 and #2.
• For your return trip, from Belmont to the airport, at the conference there will be a physical Sharing Board where you can write information, offers, and requests. Or you can reverse your bus trip with MTA, or use other options.
• by BUS
Greyhound Bus — Usually, rates are much cheaper if you purchase in advance: Deals and Discounts. Stations: the GH station in Nashville is at 709 5th Ave South, Nashville, TN 37203. Belmont's page for Directions to Campus says, "MTA Bus #2 goes to Belmont leaves from the Landport Clement at 1011 Demonbreun (two blocks west of the Greyhound Bus station) [map] at 20 minutes past the hour (more often in the early morning and late afternoon) until 5:20 p.m."
Megabus can be a great deal (very cheap) if you buy early and if the timings are convenient, but only if you're leaving from Atlanta, Chattanooga, Chicago, Indianapolis, or Louisville. Their bus stop in Nashville is 704 4th Ave South, at the corner of 4th Ave S and Elm St, which is close to the Greyhound Station so you can use the directions above for taking MTA Bus #2 to Belmont.
• by TRAIN
This won't be useful for most of you, because Amtrak doesn't go to Nashville. But Middle Tennessee RTA does offer regional train service (Music City Star) and Regional Bus Service, for travel inside Tennessee.
both are available at Belmont University - see ASA Registration Brochure (page 4) - and you have other options:
• a room in Hilton Garden Inn downtown (with discounts available through
June 17th July 7th, but for a limited number of rooms, so book ASAP) and "Take a Bus to Campus" through Vanderbilt U to Belmont U. (ASA's Brochure, page 6)
• Subway (1703 Portland Ave, 615-385-2545), Kalamata’s (1703 Portland Ave, 615-292-5356), PM (2017 Belmont Blvd, 615-297-2070), Chagos (2015 Belmont Blvd, 615-386-0106).